For English contact:
+48 32 32 48 429
Below are some of them.
Mikołów has 51 memorial sites - monuments, plaques and graves.
- Memorial to fascism victims - Poles who were killed by Germans in the years 1939 - 1945 - Mikołów, intersection of K. Miarki and Żwirki i Wigury Streets
- Memorial to people who died in Silesian uprisings in the years 1919 -1921 and during the World War II – Mikołów-Mokre, Wojska Polskiego Street.
War time graves - memorials
- Memorial and a mass grave of Colonel Władysław Kiełbasa and five unknown soldiers who died fighting Germans in September - churchyard by St. Adalbert basilica
- Memorial and a mass grave of twelve Silesian insurgents and activists of Polish associations killed by Germans on September 17, 1939 – Mikołów-Gronie, Na Wzgórzu and Braterstwa Streets.
- Memorial and a mass grave of Soviet and Red Army prisoners who lost their lives in Mikołów in the years 1939-1945 – Mikołów, churchyard by St. Adalbert basilica.
- Memorial and a mass grave of resistant movement members and prisoners of KL Auschwitz-Birkenau, executed by Germans in January 1945.
- Mikołów, Konstytucji 3 Maja Street.
- the grave of Konstanty Prus (1872-1961), brilliant historian - Mikołów, churchyard by St. Adalbert basilica
- Mass grave of Swedish soldiers who died in the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648) – Mikołów-Bujaków, W. Korfanty street.
- Grave of Joachim Gnida (1953-1982), a miner who worked in Wujek mine in Katowice, shot in the head during the pacification of the mine on December 16, 1981 - Mikołów churchyard by St. John evangelical church.
- Plaque commemorating people fighting in Silesian uprisings 1919 -1921
- Mikołów, Cardinal St. Wyszyński Street.
- Plaque commemorating Karol Miarka (1825-1882) and 100th anniversary of Polish printing in Mikołów - Mikołów, Żwirki i Wigury Street.
- Plaque commemorating Ludwik Musioł (1892-1970), outstanding historian of Silesia - Mikołów, Cardinal St. Wyszyński Street.
- Plaque and a low relief commemorating Konstanty Wolny (1877-1940), the first Speaker of the Silesian Parliament – Mikołów-Bujaków, F. Górka Street.
- Plaque commemorating the stay of Cyprian Kamil Norwid in Mikołów, in September 1845
- Mikołów, Jan Paweł II Street.,
- Plaque commemorating poet Rafał Wojaczek (1945-1971)
Mikołów, Jan Paweł II Street.
- Plaque commemorating Rudolf Virchow (1821-1902), doctor, anthropologist, Troy researcher - Mikołów, Konstanty Prus Street.