St. Adalbert and Our Lady of Snows Church

St. Adalbert church was built at the end of the 13th century.
Most probably it was raised as a wooden church. It was rebuilt in brick in the Gothic period. In the years 1580–1628 it served as an Evangelical temple. Until 1861 it was a parish church for Mikołów and neighboring communities.
This late Gothic temple is a one-aisle construction with Baroque furnishing. Inside an altar with the painting of St. Adalbert from 1675 and three side altars can be found: St. Anthony of Padua’s, St. Barbara’s and Our Lady’s. The last one features the image of Our Lady of Snow, also called Our Lady of Mikołów.
The work painted by Aleksander Radwański in 1701 has been an object of worship for centuries.
Around the church is a no-longer-used cemetery established in 13th century. Some elements of tombstones dating back to 18th and 19th century remained to this day.
Behind the gate there is a figure of St. John of Nepomuk founded in 1799 by Mikołów parishioners.
Since the ‘60s of the 20th century the temple has had two patron saints – St. Adalbert and Our Lady of Snows. At the beginning of the 21th century the church was thoroughly renovated.

St. Adalbert and Our Lady of Snows Church
Logotypy UE